Baked Chicken Breast with Parmesan Crust

Image source: Food Network.
This is my first attempt at posting a printable recipe.

I decided to host this blog on Blogger because that’s who hosted my other two blogs. I knew, however, that doing printable recipes would turn out to be problematic because of Blogger’s limited widget support. At one point, though, I was starting to move this blog to Wordpress out of sheer frustration. But I think I’ve hit on an acceptable solution.

About the Recipe:

The recipe comes from Ted Allen of Food Network Magazine. I found this recipe when I was looking for low-calorie entrées last week. Anything that’s got Parmesan cheese and panko breading can’t be bad, right? So I fixed it for Thursday dinner, and it was an instant hit. The few adjustments I’ve made only go as far as preparation; nothing about the ingredients needs changing. The recipe assumes 8-oz. breasts, a total of 2 lbs.; keep that in mind when you’re counting the calories.

Baked Chicken Breast with Parmesan Crust

Ted Allen, Food Network

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 8 oz. each
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
3/4 cup panko
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 450°.

Mix mustard, thyme, salt, and cayenne in a small bowl or pie plate. Coat the chicken breasts completely, using a pastry brush if necessary.

In another pie plate, combine Parmesan and panko. Dredge breasts in panko mixture, coating heavily and pressing into meat.

Place a rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Arrange the breasts on the rack and spray a quick burst on them.

Bake until golden and cooked through, 15 - 20 min. Let rest 5 min. before cutting and serving.

Serving Ideas: Roasted or grilled vegetables make an excellent side dish.

Per Serving: 376 Calories; 8g Fat (20.4% calories from fat); 63g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 149mg 
Cholesterol; 794mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 8 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Print Recipe 

No comments:

Post a Comment